Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The New Normal


There was a sleepover at my house last night.  Monday is sort of like Friday because no one has anything to do on Tuesdays except laundry and catch up.  So we set up the cot in Cocopugs' bedroom and CB gladly slept with her sister.  After tucking them in I heard snippets of their conversations and Coco telling her sister she was tired, stop talking!  This morning I woke up to them singing a good morning song to each other and then running in to wake me up.  It was pretty sweet...
My children and I are sitting at the kitchen table, working, each one of us.  CB is creating a newspaper complete with comic pages, news stories, and pictures.  Cocopugs keeps drawing pictures of stuff, so she's designated to the classifieds.  (I currently have a picture of a car with 6 wheels of different colors and a polka dot exterior.  If Only it could be true!!)  
I have a stack of work to be done, new files to add to my computer, bills to take care of, and emails to write and get sent off.  I have been so focused on CB and family this last week that everything else has sort of fallen aside.  Isn't it funny how things can just be let go without any real lasting consequences?  I had taken care of most things before her surgery, anticipated the time off, but now I feel compelled to finish everything, get moving on life again.  And I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL SPRING!!!  Everytime the sun shines lately, I just get happier...

3 comments:

Holly said...

Has anyone mentioned to CB that newspapers aren't doing so well these days??? :)

Janie S. said...

Shortly after that post, things disintegrated quickly into Coco peeing on the chair, CB yelling at her, and the newspaper demise. I cleaned them up and turned on the TV.... Cop Out!!

JS said...

Grandma used to put newspaper on the floor for jingles to pee on....