Friday, November 28, 2008

Ok, Nutball

I had good reasons to delete facebook. I had comprehensive, complete ideals where I wanted privacy, time back from the computer, and authenticity in my relationships. The way I was using facebook did not jive with these values.
I joined facebook again.
I cut over half of my friends out of my list, I revamped all my info pages, leaving out detailed information, being truly authentic in who I am as revealed by the profile. The decision to be moderate in my use of facebook is one I think I can handle...

In other news, I found a quote that essentially sums up who I want to be:
The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own. -Benjamin Disraeli

I don't take the opportunity to help those I don't know very often, but this quote inspires me to truly attempt to impact those I meet and work with on a daily basis. And it forced me to recognize that I am blessed beyond measure with all that I have and all I can give.

Have you ever found a quote that inspired you in this way?

No comments: