Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting to know you...

This time of year, there is a great emphasis on getting to know the folks around you, the folks you come in contact with daily, the grocer, the mail guy, your neighbors you talk to once or twice a year...
Today something funny happened to me.
I am not a voyeur...but...
I took my shower late this afternoon while my husband took my daughter to the grocery store. Ahh some peace and quiet. I wrapped up in my hearty old robe, grabbed some caramel popcorn and snuggled on the couch to watch Divine Design, my favorite HGTV show.
Our couch faces a large picture window, perfect for watching the western sunset, the trees change color, and actually yes, right into our neighbors front room.
I glanced outside because the dad was tossing a football around with his son, and the toddler was inside pressing his nose against their picture window. All of a sudden, the mama came in, caught her husbands eye, AND FLASHED HIM!!! Aghhh!!! My Eyes!!
It was like a car accident, I couldn't move!
Who does this?!?!
I couldn't stop laughing, and moved away to avoid any further ....ummm... glimpses...

The dad stopped playing football and headed right inside.
Mission Accomplished!

(It should be duly noted for all MOPS readers, that Yes, Becca is my neighbor, and NO she is not the exhibitionist.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that made me laugh.

I have done similar activities, just not out the front window.

I usually keep such activities within my house, out of view of the children naturally.

keeps the spark alive my friend.
we should all take a lesson from your neighbor

megs @ whadusay said...

that is a side of my neighbors I hope I never see...

Holly said...

Your neighborhood block parties must be interesting :)