Saturday, September 18, 2010

Random Things


Mz Bell checking out Tube Chimes
Cocopugs and her puppet
I am tired.

Last night, we opened the new ArtsInk!  Exhibit at the Children's Discovery Museum.
Coco on the Wii
Tanner K 
Random Little Guy
Colleen T & her Mama
 It was a wonderful event, lots of people trying out the floor piano, the conducting game, and hopscotch rhythm.  There were kids dressing up and putting on shows in the backstage area, and puppet shows.  Some of the older folks were having a hard time with the Wii Remote on You're The Conductor, but not one kid had an issue.  It made me laugh-  the kids knew right away how to find the 'eye' of the Wii, but the adults kept trying to make it more complicated.  I had 5 students there, demonstrating the exhibit, playing the piano and all wearing Smolen Music Studio t-shirts, thus fulfilling my genius plan for child labor marketing.  The entire Smolen family was there, too, playing, chatting and generally having fun.  It was a really nice evening.  Then we came home and circumstances were such that I did not get to have a nice glass of wine and relax with my dear one.  So....

I stayed up and watched Freaks & Geeks while rocking the over stimulated and crying baby.  I forgot how much I loved that show, I laughed out loud so many times-  here's a little clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMkBcoxTxo&p=DF79FA81C2A99B06&playnext=1&index=31


Today I actually put on a t-shirt, jeans and athletic looking shoes (I wouldn't really run in them!)  and went back to the CDM for the public opening.  I wore that outfit in public.  For 6 hours. Really!!
I had a few students there, too.  It was a great showing of people, wonderful events and a lot of fun.  I actually had several students and their families just come in and visit.

I even started my Christmas shopping at the museum store.  I LOVE Melissa & Doug toys and they have  a great selection.

And then I came home, relaxed a little, changed clothes.  (Really!)  We went to Fresh Market and got Sushi, a sausage, and a bottle of Riesling.  We ate dinner down in the family room and watched 2 episodes of Little Einsteins and the kids went to bed.  Even Ms Serious.  And here I am reflecting on my day, and how happy I am the exhibit is finished.  It was a delight to work on, and I hope a delight for the kids who will play.  Ahhhh....  Done!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Holly said...

It is an awesome exhibit -- fun and educational all at the same time! Very well done! And I'm sure I'll get the hang of the Wii soon :)

megs @ whadusay said...

Can't wait to check it out, so good running into you at the museum on Thurs. Let's do it again some time!!