Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Kick

I have a clean kitchen.  I have toys that are mostly organized.  I have finished house on the horizon.  Still, there are floors to vacuum, bathrooms to scrub, bedrooms to finish.  A husband home next week to hunt turkey, and father in law to accompany, an appraisal Tuesday, and a big holiday weekend. 
But most important today, I have a clean kitchen.
My kitchen was remodeled spring 2008, and it is really lovely.  My husband, some cold beer, and a merry band of family members pitched in and got most of the work done in about 3 weeks.  Yup, it was a long 3 weeks, but short in the grand scheme of things.  
Most of the time, my floor is crunchy, the counters covered in stuff, and the stainless appliances greasy and fingerprinted.  
Today, the floor is clean and scrubbed, the cabinets shiny, the counters disinfected, and the smudges un smudged.  Have I mentioned I am totally addicted to the Shark? And the handheld steamer I got with purchase?  But alas, my infomercial issue is for another day.  So I am sitting here ignoring my children running in the other room and enjoying the clean kitchen with a snack. 
Dang!  Crumbs on the floor!!  
Ah well, Love's Labors Lost...

1 comment:

Christina said...

the title made me think you were going to talk about the baby kicking.