Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's been a while

Catch up is not really fun.  I've been lousy the last couple of weeks and things are just piling up one after the other.  I am totally frustrated with the state of my home, the state of my children, and the state of my body.  
Let's tackle them:
#1 My house:  Someone should really take pity on me and send a maid my way.  I need someone who is willing to turn a blind eye to tomato soup on the underside of the table, crusts under the chairs, and CLUTTER CLUTTER EVERYWHERE.  Really, I do have standards that include scrubbed and clean bathrooms and a clean kitchen.  I did all that yesterday.  But what's waiting for me is 5 baskets of laundry that need to be folded and put away, toys that need sorted and moved downstairs, and a paper monster that threatens even the strongest of constitutions.   I can't even walk through my living room without tripping on a damn cootie leg.  It's sad. However, the weather has been so nice that I've been able to escape and avoid the inside of my house for at least a couple of days.  Pretty soon, the piper must be paid.  Which leads me to #2
The Children:  THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.  I have spent way too much time with them this last month.  Either that, or they are just on my nerves a little more lately.  Or I just have no patience.   How about all 3?  Yesterday CB was so clingy and curious that by 8:15 at bedtime with no daddy around to help I lost my mind, gave her a thunk on the head and sent her to bed.  I am an admitted head thunker, not my best parenting choice, but it does get her attention and she went to bed with no further incident.   I still felt bad.  I am substituting at her school this week.  It's fun.  She is still clingy.  And the 2 year old is acting... well, 2.  It's been a long week. What is today, anyway?  
My Body:  Why does it attack me while I'm trying to bring a new life into this happy springy world?  All I want is a nice night of sleep without nausea and leg cramps.  I want a day not tinged with fatigue and irritation.  I crave silence.  I wish my nose wasn't so sensitive.  I can't eat more protein.  Really, I've been eating a hard boiled egg at bedtime, cottage cheese for snacks, and regular meat for meals.  I don't even want very many cookies.  This is very bizarre.  COOKIES!!  What kind of alien has taken residence in my tummy?  Hmmm...maybe I should try french vanilla ice cream.  MMmmm...  with caramel and chocolate chips...  

Things aren't so bad-  this is an exciting time.  I am just overwhelmed and tired.  Things will be better in the next few weeks.   

I will just sit back and wait for the maid...

1 comment:

JS said...

boys boys everywhere!