Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wack-o!

This week, I kept starting a new post: 3 times I have sat down with a genius plan and then..nothing.
I am not a writer, so writers' block is not the answer. There is no pressure here to write concise and perfectly coherent masterpieces. This is my journal, and my easy rules of obligation are to work out my own thoughts and tell you five crazy readers how I maintain my sanity.
Here's my week:
#1: My daughter may indeed have juvenille reumetoid arthritis. This threw me for a loop Tuesday, it was a long night of wondering what all was going to change, be adjusted, and how this would affect the childhood of my daughters. Treatment right now is easy, and her pain is managed well. Funny I wrote a blog about faith on Monday, and then am forced to rely on God for comfort and peace during a moment of crisis. But I did, which means my faith isn't weak, it's evolving. I still have big questions, but that's just how I was made.
#2: I have been busy, and actually getting happier as I prepare for Christmas. All the musical engagements I have had are almost over, they have been a lot of fun and I was only seriously nervous last night during the ISO Pops Concert. The Chorale I direct sang 3 accapella pieces arranged by one of my students. It was great- BUT I was nervous until I got out there and just did it and it was fun- who knew?!?
#3: I have to wrap presents today. I get to go to the Nutcracker with CB- she jumped into bed with me at 6:30 (AGhh?!?!?) excited about going to the ballet. And then I get to vamp on the Steinway and sing for 6 hours at the non-profit mansion I work for. A fun day!!
#4: I am looking forward to going to the In-Laws on Tuesday. They are Polish and make a lot of great food, enjoy a good cocktail and visiting, and they help me get things ready for the big day. It is a huge departure for years past when we would leave on Christmas Eve at 11:30PM and get home at about 2AM Chrismas morning. I am looking forward to not being exhausted on Christmas Day, and sharing our special morning with Gramma and Grampa.
Leah is writing! Merry Christmas!
xzi2XZ]jn b
And how do I maintain my sanity right now?
(Well, I store it in the freeeeezer, and it's Polish and ends with a Nostrovia!) :-)

No comments: