Monday, November 10, 2008

Contentment & Thankfulness Part 1

When I was nursing my second daughter, I used the 3AM feeding time to pray. I prayed for my baby, her health, her life, and gave thanks for the blessings of being a mom. My mind would usually wander (imagine that) and I would start to think of other things that were pressing on my mind. At that time, I was looking at a house in a neighborhood that is nicer than the one we live in, the house was bigger, well appointed, and we could afford it. We would just have to sell, move, re-budget, etc. I prayed over this for a while and one night, clear in my mind was one word. Contentment. Be content.
We did not sell our house or move, we did not upgrade, we stayed.
Over the past 18 months, I have reflected on contentment, and what it means to me, what boundaries and constraints I have placed on it, and what it actually means to me.
Hang on, because this week I will be exploring those angles and want your input and ideas, your ideals and truths on the matter...
And how much thankfulness has to do with it all.

No comments: