Friday, October 31, 2008

Sam

I had a great voice lesson on Wednesday, my voice seems to finally be responding to all this practice and I feel security. This does not guarantee a great performance, but it helps mentally...
My coach and I have been really focused on technique, which is sometimes difficult because his method of singing is completely different than how I was taught. He is from St Petersburg, Russia, and went to the music academy there. We sometimes have heated discussions about technique, why we do things, and I am not entirely sure he doesn't stage some of these events to force me to defend myself... It is such a challenge and I completely love it.
I am fortunate to have such a mentor and friend.
Now to memorize 8 pages of 19th century Russian.
No brilliant words today, I have work to do!

No comments: