Monday, August 1, 2011

August Daybook

Is it really August?
The heat and the anxiety tell me YES!  School is coming.

Today:
I am wearing a green housedress I put on after my swim.  Today I tread water for 20 minutes while watching the big girls have lessons, and then I spent the next 20 minutes treading water & catching as they gleefully jumped off the diving board.  I always forget about this dress, and the minute I put it on I remember why I LOVE IT!  It is cute and so comfortable-  effortless dressing.   And barefoot.  Always barefoot.

I am reading Science Secrets, it is a fun read- mostly a study in semantics and since I grew up with the grammar police and those who know how much words matter I am enjoying it immensely.

I am listening to Talent is Overraated  on Audible (my new favorite thing).  I went on a cleaning frenzy last Friday night, listening to the book and cleaning until about midnight.  I think I may have found how to keep our house clean.
I have also been listening to Dvorak Stabat Mater and Beethoven's Ghost Trio Sonata.  Just a little preview of fall music repertoire.  

In our garden, the broccoli is done, the basil was a tasty treat for the Japanese Beetles, and our tomatoes are perfect with a little salt/ pepper/ fresh chives.  In fact, we are having some for dinner.  Speaking of dinner, there is a chicken pot pie cooking for the extremely picky Cocopugs who asked for some 'HOT FOOD, MAMA!  I"M TIRED OF COLD FOOD!'.  Ok.  Point taken.

Around the house changes are coming to the flow and rhythm of the furniture.  I have a big change in mind, and my friends are coming to help.  I can't wait-  Will post pics soon...

And the timer for dinner is going off and I have to get back to real life.

No comments: