Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Simple

I really feel most of us tend to make more out of things than are really there, and almost always it results in some sort of drama.  Good drama, bad drama.
I am in a good stage of life, 2 beautiful dancing girls in my living room as I write with ballet shoes and blue leotards, and one darling baby gurgling on the floor in a sweet yellow sleeper.  I have no reason for drama, no time to worry, and why should I?  I am in a protected stage of life.
This is asking for life drama, isn't it?  I know that I am not protected from life, bad things will still happen, maybe even tragic and life would turn in the blink of an eye into something other than what it is now.  That's not drama, that's reality.
I am in a protected stage of life right now because it is easy to taste and see that the Lord is good.  We are not rich financially, we are not always happy in our work situations, we are not always pleased with the behavior of our children, however we are doing good work. We are well loved, and we love well.  We are wealthy beyond belief, blessed by grace.  I think God sometimes allows these seasons of contentment along with a turning.  True human love changes things, attitudes, people.  Imagine what perfect love does.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You really are one of the richest women I know :)